Sunday, November 7, 2010

Optimism...

Well..here we are again...it's been another year. Getting a better picture of how busy my life is? I wish I had more time to blog about the every day happenings in my life because, believe it or not, my life is quite the entertaining movie at times. Throw in a little drama (self-inflicted at times), a little comic relief (unintential, most times), romance (well, sort of), and you have yourself a nail-biting, tissue-needing, gut-busting, edge-of-your seat B-rated movie.

But what brings me here today? The subject of optimism. I'm tired of pessimism. I don't have time to participate in pity parties (mine or anyone else's) - literally. But besides that, it takes too much energy to be a pessimist. Being an optimist is so much easier. Why worry about the glass being half empty? Why not try to think about it being half-full instead?

Better yet, get off your butt and try to fill the glass all the way up! And if you aren't willing to get up and try to fill your own glass, then I don't want to hear about you're glass being half empty. I know we aren't always in control of our own destiny, but we are in control of our outlook on life. Gee, what a novel concept. Oh, don't get me wrong...I have my days that I melt down. These days aren't anything of which I am proud, but I pick myself up, dust myself off, and I try again. My motto: Try. Every day.

Besides, did you know that it physically takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile? Why wear yourself out both physically and mentally? Do yourself a favor. Be more optimistic - get happy. Your body will thank you, your mind will thank you...and your friends will be relieved!

Luvs!







No comments:

Post a Comment